Organisation of the EAHM
The bodies of the association are:
- The General Assembly: The
General Assembly is composed of ordinary and associate members.
Ordinary members are eligible to vote. Each country represented has 4
votes. It takes place once a year at different locations at one of the
member countries. The General Assembly is the supreme body of the EAHM.
It approves the accounts and the budget. It elects the members of the
Executive Committee and the Board as well as the Presidents and
Vice-Presidents. It speaks also out on the planned activities and on
issues of hospitals and their management.
- The Executive Committee:
The Executive Committee works by order of the General Assembly and has
to give account to it. The members of the Executive Committee are
appointed for a term of four years by the General Assembly. The
Executive Committee meets at least twice a year.
- The Board: The Board consists of the President, the Vice President and three other members as well as the Secretary General with a consultative voice.The Board is elected every 4 years by the Executive Committee.
- The President
- The Secretary General: He
is appointed by the Executive Committee for a term of 5 years. He coordinates the
daily operation of the EAHM and renders account to the Board.
The advisory bodies: three advisory committees and two working groups have been create to handle current issues:
- Scientific Subcommittee
- Subcommittee on 'European Affairs'
- Editorial board
- Psychiatric Working Party
- Working Party Hospital IT-managers